Our hearts go out to all affected by the virus in California and around the world. Rest assured that we’re following all CDC-recommended protocols for cleaning properties and disinfecting surfaces throughout Sanctuary Vacation Rentals inventory of properties. For now, we are open and ready to welcome our guests, with safety top of mind.
We’re encouraging all of our staff and cleaners to follow the recommended hygiene directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—including thorough hand washing, social distancing measures, and prudent actions if they’re feeling ill by staying home from work.
For those of you who with future reservations or considering reserving a property, we are implementing the following measures:
- Our Professional Contract Housekeepers and House Managers are taking extra precautions in your property by further disinfecting all doorknobs, remote controls, surfaces, switches, etc. each time they enter your house with sanitizing products.
- All guest arrive and depart directly to and from their rental property without the need to visit our office in Monterey.
- As officials across the country are cancelling large gatherings and events, we understand some rental guests may have concerns about following through on reservations they have booked at Sanctuary Vacation Rentals. We empathize with their concerns and have relaxed our cancellations policies in an effort to accommodate those concerns.
- For reservations cancelled with sixty (60) days or more notice Sanctuary Vacation Rentals is waiving our cancellation fee and offering full refunds less the cost to process credit card transaction, where applicable.
- For reservations cancelled within sixty (60) day we are offering to move the booking to a future date or provide a credit for a future reservation with dates to be determined.
- If it becomes necessary for guest to depart early nightly reservations will have the unused nights refunded. Monthly reservations will be addressed on a case by case basis with the owner of the property.
Thank you to those who have reached out to express concern about our community. We’re doing everything we can to maintain a welcoming and safe environment for our guests. We are putting safety first and will keep you apprised of any developments that affect you—our valued guests.
March 20th, 2020 Update
SACRAMENTO – Today, Governor Gavin Newsom issued a stay at home order to protect the health and well-being of all Californians and to establish consistency across the state in order to slow the spread of COVID-19.
For Local News and Information visit Monterey County Weekly COVID-19 webpage - HERE
- Instacart delivers food and alcohol daily and typically within hours
- Monterey County Weekly has a list of restaurants offering pick-up or delivery.
- Pacific Grove Restaurants To-Go / Delivery List
- Monterey County Restaurant Status - As Of 1PM 3/27/20
March 18th, 2020 Update
Monterey County is under a SHELTER-IN-PLACE order from 3-17-2020 midnight to 4-8-2020. The order does not affect essential government services — services to protect the health, safety and welfare of communities. It also makes provision for our agricultural community and fieldworkers who keep food in our markets and on our table and provide other products for personal consumption.
As part of this Order, the County has exempted certain essential services and businesses, including hotels and resorts. This means Sanctuary Vacation Rentals can continue to serve our guests, but please understand that many area services are very limited. Most restaurants, bars, and gathering places are closed or offering to-go or delivery services.